Lerro, Roth named NFHCA Division III National Players of the Week
BROCKPORT, N.Y. — Junior goalkeeper from Haverford College, Hannah Roth, and graduate-student forward from No. 19 University of Lynchburg, Jackie Lerro, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division III Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively.
NFHCA Division III Defensive Player of the Week
Hannah Roth, Haverford College, Jr., Goalkeeper (Wilmette, Illinois)
- Totaled nine saves last week in wins over Elizabethtown College and No. 10 Rowan University
- Recorded her third shutout of the season on Sunday against Rowan
- The win over the Profs was Haverford’s highest-ranked victory since October of 2010
- Named Centennial Conference Defensive Player of the Week
NFHCA Division III Offensive Player of the Week
Jackie Lerro, No. 19 University of Lynchburg, Gr., Forward (Royersford, Pennsylvania)
- Had a hand in all four Lynchburg goals in 4-3 overtime win against No. 15 Ursinus College
- Assisted on the first and third goals of the game
- Scored to tie the game 2-2 in the second quarter
- Netted her third overtime game-winning goal of the season
- Named Old Dominion Athletic Conference Player of the Week
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the association is to champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game. The NFHCA strives to be the organization that every field hockey coach looks to for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.