To champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game.
Every field hockey coach looks to the National Field Hockey Coaches Association for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.
- Collaboration — Coaches for Coaches. We harness the brilliance of the community.
- Celebration — Recognize Greatness. We are the game’s biggest fans and tell stories about greatness and grit.
- Leadership — Leaders are Educators. We deeply value knowledge that inspires growth.
- Belonging — Inclusion & Acceptance. We embrace diversity of identity, perspective, and experience.
- Stewardship — Beyond Ourselves. We are ambassadors of the game and the association.
The purpose of the NFHCA is:
- To serve as a unified professional organization that gives its members both a voice and access to resources in the sport of field hockey
- To empower, support, and include coaches across all levels and regions of the country, including club, scholastic, and collegiate programs
- To promote diversity and to support coaches of color in our sport and in our organization
- To provide a platform for coaches to interact, mentor, and learn from one another
- To provide educational and professional development opportunities
- To recognize and celebrate coaches, teams, athletes, members, administrators, and pioneers within the sport of field hockey and those who have served our sport
- To encourage the growth of the sport of field hockey at all levels, specifically club, scholastic, and collegiate programs
- To serve as an advocate for our membership with other field hockey organizations, including USA Field Hockey, NCAA, and high school governing bodies
NFHCA Diversity Statement
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) and its members are committed to fostering a welcoming and equitable environment where diversity and inclusion are learned, nurtured, expressed, and valued. We are purposeful in our pursuit to educate ourselves on systemic discrimination in all its forms in order to cultivate a culture of belonging. We seek to rebuild those systems with an anti-hate/anti-racist lens. It is through this lens that we persistently build a community based on empathy, acceptance, and respect.
The NFHCA shall not discriminate against any person because of age, ancestry, color, disability or handicap, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, or sexual orientation. The NFHCA seeks to promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect for one another in and outside of the field hockey community.
Have additional questions? Visit our FAQ page.