NFHCA Diversity Statement
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) and its members are committed to fostering a welcoming and equitable environment where diversity and inclusion are learned, nurtured, expressed, and valued. We are purposeful in our pursuit to educate ourselves on systemic discrimination in all its forms in order to cultivate a culture of belonging. We seek to rebuild those systems with an anti-hate/anti-racist lens. It is through this lens that we persistently build a community based on empathy, acceptance, and respect.
Members can submit their interest to serve on NFHCA DEI-focused committees:
- Black Coaches Council
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
Programming & Initiatives
- STAND Up to Harassment — the NFHCA’s Anti-Harassment Coach Resource
- NFHCA DEI Spotlight Recognition – nominate an individual, group, or organization making an impact in the DEI space
- NFHCA Coffee Talk Recording: How Race Impacts the Game (Collegiate Edition)
- NFHCA Coffee Talk Recording: How Race Impacts the Game (Scholastic Edition)
- NFHCA Partner Event: Be the Match®
- RISE to Win Digital Learning — a free digital resource library that equips students, athletes, coaches, and fans with tools to be culturally competent and advocate for racial equity.
- A Long Talk — an anti-racism activation experience and an organization that hosts educational events.
- Athlete Ally LGBTQA+ Resources — tools to improve your athletic department, become a better ally, or get educated.
- NFHCA DEI Committee Resource List – a comprehensive resource list of books, podcasts, websites, and videos
- USA Field Hockey — If you are interested in starting a program to make field hockey accessible and available to an underserved population, please contact email@example.com.
Title IX Resources
- Title IX and Athletic Opportunities in Colleges and Universities — a free digital resource designed by the Office for Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Education to help college and university communities evaluate whether a school is meeting its legal duty to provide equal athletic opportunity based on sex.
- Good Sports, Inc., Title IX and Gender Equity Specialists
- Women Leaders in Sports Title IX Information & Resources — a helpful resource that provides a brief overview of Title IX and additional resources.
- Women’s Sports Foundation – 50 Years of Title IX
- ESPN Celebrates Five Decades of Title IX
- 37 Words: Title IX and Fifty Years of Fighting Sex Discrimination by Sherry Boschert
- Getting in the Game: Title IX and the Women’s Sports Revolution by Deborah Brake
STAND Up to Harassment with this NFHCA Coach-Resource Guide.