Kiklis, DiDonato named NFHCA Division III National Players of the Week
MANAHAWKIN, NJ — Fifth year goalkeeper from University of Southern Maine, Julianna Kiklis, and junior forward from No. 16 Rowan University, Vanessa DiDonato, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division III Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively.
Junior defender from No. 16 Rowan University, Julia Cavicchio, and first year forward from Denison University, Emma Gebhart, also received honorable mention nods for Division III Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively, as well.
NFHCA Division III Defensive Player of the Week
Julianna Kiklis, University of Southern Maine, Fifth Year, Goalkeeper (York, Maine)
- Named LEC Goalkeeper of the Week.
- Tallied 12 saves while allowing just one goal in a pair of LEC tournament victories.
- Recorded six saves in a 2-1 overtime win over Vermont State Castleton.
- Added six more stops in a 1-0 championship-clinching victory over Keene State.
NFHCA Division III Offensive Player of the Week
Vanessa DiDonato, No. 16 Rowan University, Jr., Forward (Burlington, New Jersey)
- Named NJAC Offensive Player of the Week.
- Netted five goals to lead Rowan to a 6-0 win over Stockton in the NJAC semifinals, tying school records for goals and points (10) in a single game and eventually leading Rowan to the NJAC championship and automatic NCAA DIII bid.
- Leads the Profs with 17 goals.
NFHCA Division III Defensive Player of the Week Honorable Mention
Julia Cavicchio, No. 16 Rowan University, Jr., Defender (Medford, New Jersey)
- Named NJAC Defensive Player of the Week.
- Keyed the Profs’ defense in both NJAC Tournament games, as the Profs held both Stockton and No. 22 TCNJ scoreless in the semifinal and championship matches.
- Assisted on the final goal in the 3-0 win over TCNJ in the title match.
NFHCA Division III Offensive Player of the Week Honorable Mention
Emma Gebhart, Denison University, First Year, Forward (Carlisle, Massachusetts)
- Scored the game-winning goal in the NCAC Championship in a 1-0 overtime victory over top-seeded Ohio Wesleyan, marking Denison’s first NCAC championship since 2019.
- Has tallied nine goals and one assist as Denison heads into the DIII NCAA tournament.
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the association is to champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game. The NFHCA strives to be the organization that every field hockey coach looks to for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.