Crawford, Maguire named NFHCA Division III National Players of the Week
GENEVA, N.Y. — Senior goalkeeper from Scranton University, Clare Maguire, and junior forward/midfielder from Ohio Wesleyan University, Allie Crawford, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division III Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week sponsored by ScoreBreak, respectively.
NFHCA Division III Defensive Player of the Week
Clare Maguire, Scranton University, Sr., Goalkeeper (Oreland, Pennsylvania)
- Made a career high nine saves in the 2-1 overtime win vs Muhlenberg
- Of those nine saves, eight came in the second half and overtime period
- Surpassed her previous career-best of six saves which was set during the 2021 season
- Named Landmark Conference Defensive Athlete of the Week
NFHCA Division III Offensive Player of the Week
Allie Crawford, Ohio Wesleyan University, Jr., Forward/Midfielder (West Hartford, Connecticut)
- Scored six goals in the Battling Bishops’ three season-opening victories
- Leads the NCAC with 6 goals and 12 points
- Scored two goals in a 10-0 decision over Oberlin, in a 9-0 nod over Sewanee, and a 4-0 victory vs Nazareth
- This marks Ohio Wesleyan’s first 3-0 start since 1989
- Named North Coast Athletic Conference Athlete of the Week
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the association is to champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game. The NFHCA strives to be the organization that every field hockey coach looks to for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.