McGee, Petrantonio named NFHCA Division II National Players of the Week
BROCKPORT, N.Y. — Sophomore midfielder from No. 5 Stonehill College, Madeleine McGee, and senior midfielder/forward from No. 1 Shippensburg University, Jazmin Petrantonio, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division II Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively.
NFHCA Division II Defensive Player of the Week
Madeleine McGee, No. 5 Stonehill College, So., Midfielder (Pearl River, New York)
- Spearheaded No. 5 Stonehill College’s defensive effort in a 3-0 week
- Recorded two defensive saves in 2-0 win over No. 8 Saint Anselm College
- Recorded her first career goal when she netted the gamewinner against Saint Anselm
- Led a staunch defense in 7-1 win over Mercy College and 4-0 win over Mercyhurst College
- Named Northeast-10 Conference Defensive Player of the Week
NFHCA Division II Offensive Player of the Week
Jazmin Petrantonio, No. 1 Shippensburg University, Sr., Midfielder/Forward (Saenz Pena, Argentina)
- Scored six goals and had one assist in a 2-0 week for No. 1 Ship
- Netted all five Raider goals against Belmont Abbey College, marking her 11th career hat trick
- Against Limestone University, had a goal and an assist
- Named Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference Athlete of the Week
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the organization is to stimulate the professional development of coaching leadership within the sport of field hockey. The NFHCA strives to cultivate and recognize the professional contributions of its membership and to foster and promote the growth of the sport. The NFHCA is responsible for providing a recognizable presence and voice in regard to legislation affecting the sport as well as interscholastic and intercollegiate programs.