McConnell, Van Kuijck named NFHCA Division II National Players of the Week
GENEVA, N.Y. — Junior goalkeeper from No. 6 Saint Anselm College, Mackenzie McConnell, and sophomore midfielder from No. 2 West Chester University, Valerie Van Kuijck, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division II Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week sponsored by ScoreBreak, respectively.
NFHCA Division II Defensive Player of the Week
Mackenzie McConnell, No. 6 Saint Anselm College, Jr., Goalkeeper (Concord Township, Maine)
- Recorded 17 saves on 19 shots against No. 1 Shippensburg University and No. 7 Millersville University
- Posted a career high 17 saves against Shippensburg as the Saint Anselm Hawks were outshot by a 32-to-5 margin
- Marks the most saves by a Saint Anselm goalkeeper since 2017
- Made eight saves on nine shots against Millersville
NFHCA Division II Offensive Player of the Week
Valerie Van Kuijck, No. 2 West Chester University, So., Midfielder (Denbosch, The Netherlands)
- Scored a pair of goals and added three assists over two top-10 opponents
- Scored the game-winner goal in a 10-1 win over No. 4 Assumption
- Scored the third goal and assisted on three others as the West Chester Golden Rams rolled to a 5-1 victory vs No. 8 Bentley
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the association is to champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game. The NFHCA strives to be the organization that every field hockey coach looks to for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.