Kempf, Supey named NFHCA Division II National Players of the Week
BROCKPORT, N.Y. — Sophomore goalkeeper from No. 4 East Stroudsburg, Amy Supey, and graduate-student midfielder from No. 8 Adelphi University, Danielle Kempf, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division II Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively.
NFHCA Division II Defensive Player of the Week
Amy Supey, No. 5 East Stroudsburg University, So., Goalkeeper (Lehman, Pennsylvania)
- Made six saves and recorded 90 minutes of shutout play in two games last week for No. 4 East Stroudsburg University
- Recorded five saves and her third shutout of the season against No. 2 West Chester University on Tuesday
- Added one save in a half against Seton Hill University on Saturday
- Named Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) Defensive Athlete of the Week
- This is Supey’s second-consecutive NFHCA Division II Defensive Player of the Week honor
NFHCA Division II Offensive Player of the Week
Danielle Kempf, No. 8 Adelphi University, Gr., Midfielder (Burnt Hills, New York)
- Recorded nine points on three goals and three assists during No. 8 Adelphi University’s 3-0 week
- Netted two goals and assisted on another in Adelphi’s 6-1 win over Franklin Pierce University on Saturday
- Scored once and assisted twice in the Panther’s win over Southern Connecticut State University on Friday
- Average three points per contest and posted a .300 shot percentage.
- Named Northeast-10 Conference Player of the Week
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the association is to champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game. The NFHCA strives to be the organization that every field hockey coach looks to for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.