Gargiulo, Petrantonio named NFHCA Division II National Players of the Week
BROCKPORT, N.Y. — Senior goalkeeper from No. 7 Assumption University, Kylie Gargiulo, and senior midfielder/forward from No. 4 Shippensburg University, Jazmin Petrantonio, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division II Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively.
NFHCA Division II Defensive Player of the Week
Kylie Gargiulo, Assumption University, Sr., Goalkeeper (Madison, Connecticut)
- Made 20 saves over two games in net for No. 7 Assumption University last weekend
- Amassed 13 saves in a 2-1 setback to No. 1 West Chester University
- Totaled seven stops in a 1-0 shutout of No. 2 East Stroudsburg University
- Finished the weekend with a .909 save percentage against the top two teams in the nation
- Was named Northeast-10 Conference Goalkeeper of the Week
NFHCA Division II Offensive Player of the Week
Jazmin Petrantonio, Shippensburg University, Sr., Midfielder/Forward (Saenz Pena, Argentina)
- Scored five goals for 10 points in 7-2 win over Coker University
- Accumulated her tenth career hat trick
- Netted a penalty stroke for No. 4 Shippensburg University in the second quarter of the game
- Was named Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference Athlete of the Week
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the organization is to stimulate the professional development of coaching leadership within the sport of field hockey. The NFHCA strives to cultivate and recognize the professional contributions of its membership and to foster and promote the growth of the sport. The NFHCA is responsible for providing a recognizable presence and voice in regard to legislation affecting the sport as well as interscholastic and intercollegiate programs.