Carlin, Nijziel named NFHCA Division I National Players of the Week
Photo Credit: University of Iowa Athletics and Boston College Athletics
GENEVA, N.Y. — Fifth year defender from No. 9 University of Iowa, Anthe Nijziel, and senior forward from No. 16 Boston College, Margo Carlin, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division I Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week sponsored by ScoreBreak, respectively.
NFHCA Division I Defensive Player of the Week
Anthe Nijziel, No. 9 University of Iowa, Fifth Year, Defender (Eindhoven, Netherlands)
- Anchored a Hawkeye defense that allowed just two shots (one on goal) in a 1-0 shutout victory over Michigan State
- Held Michigan State to one offensive penalty corner
- This marks Iowa’s sixth shutout of the season
- Named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week
NFHCA Division I Offensive Player of the Week
Margo Carlin, No. 16 Boston College, Sr., Forward (Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania)
- Scored three straight unanswered goals and assisted on the fourth in the 4-1 upset over then-No. 8 University of Louisville
- The seven points earned versus Louisville tied for the most by any player in an ACC game this season
- With the win, Boston College secured the No. 4 seed in the ACC Field Hockey Championship
- Named ACC Offensive Player of the Week
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the association is to champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game. The NFHCA strives to be the organization that every field hockey coach looks to for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.