Borley, Rhodes named NFHCA Division I National Players of the Week
Photos by Seth Poplaski and Jamie Hall
GENEVA, N.Y. — Fifth-year goalkeeper from No. 23 University of Maine, Mia Borley, and senior forward from No. 14 Liberty University, Daniella Rhodes, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division I Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week sponsored by ScoreBreak, respectively.
NFHCA Division I Defensive Player of the Week
Mia Borley, No. 23 University of Maine, 5th year, Goalkeeper (Durham, England)
- Made a combined 19 saves for a 0.86 goals against average during a pair of America East Conference wins
- Made 14 saves in the 2-1 shootout victory over the University at Albany
- Made five saves in the 5-1 victory over the University of New Hampshire
- Named America East Defensive Player of the Week
NFHCA Division I Offensive Player of the Week
Daniella Rhodes, No. 14 Liberty University, Sr., Forward (Durban, South Africa)
- Recorded two goals and one assist for five points in the 4-0 victory over then-No. 9 University of Connecticut
- Scored one goal and one assist in the 3-0 victory vs Longwood University
- Rhodes is now tied for second place in program history for career points (135)
- Nationally, Rhodes ranks fifth in points per game (2.56), eighth in assists per game (.78), and 12th in goals per game (.89)
- Named BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week
ScoreBreak utilizes patented technology which syncs live game statistics with video allowing for instant film breakdown and in-game adjustments. ScoreBreak supports multiple camera angles, open timeline video, curated playlists, and custom tagging specific to your sport, team, and athletes. ScoreBreak is the trusted partner of professional sports leagues such as the Premier Lacrosse League, Athletes Unlimited Women’s Lacrosse, Athletes Unlimited Women’s Basketball, International Men’s & Women’s Basketball, as well as many of the top college, high school, and club programs in the United States and throughout North America.
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the association is to champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game. The NFHCA strives to be the organization that every field hockey coach looks to for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.