Aufenacker, George named NFHCA Division I National Players of the Week
GENEVA, N.Y. — Junior goalkeeper from No. 21 William & Mary, Maddie George, and senior forward from No. 25 Monmouth University, Aylin Aufenacker, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division I Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week sponsored by ScoreBreak, respectively.
NFHCA Division I Defensive Player of the Week
Maddie George, No. 21 William & Mary, Jr., Goalkeeper (Chesapeake, Virginia)
- Recorded 20 saves and posted a .870 save percentage over the weekend against the University of Richmond and No. 6 Liberty University
- Led the Tribe to an overtime upset of No. 6 Liberty
- Made a career-high 12 saves against Liberty, including 10 in the second half and overtime, to shutout the nation’s top scoring team
- Currently ranks third in in the country in shutouts, fifth in save percentage, 10th in saves per game, and 20th in goals against average
NFHCA Division I Offensive Player of the Week
Aylin Aufenacker, No. 25 Monmouth University, Sr., Forward (Hamburg, Germany)
- Led Monmouth to the program’s first-ever CAA victory over the 17th-ranked University of Delaware
- Tallied the game-tying goal with two minutes remaining in regulation to force overtime
- Scored the golden goal in the 65th minute in overtime to give Monmouth a 3-2 victory
- Marks Aufenacker’s first multi-goal game this season and fifth of her career
ScoreBreak utilizes patented technology which syncs live game statistics with video allowing for instant film breakdown and in-game adjustments. ScoreBreak supports multiple camera angles, open timeline video, curated playlists, and custom tagging specific to your sport, team, and athletes. ScoreBreak is the trusted partner of professional sports leagues such as the Premier Lacrosse League, Athletes Unlimited Women’s Lacrosse, Athletes Unlimited Women’s Basketball, International Men’s & Women’s Basketball, as well as many of the top college, high school, and club programs in the United States and throughout North America.
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the association is to champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game. The NFHCA strives to be the organization that every field hockey coach looks to for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.