Gargiulo, van Kuijck named NFHCA Division II National Players of the Week
BROCKPORT, N.Y. — Senior goalkeeper from No. 3 Assumption University, Kylie Gargiulo, and freshman midfielder from No. 2 West Chester University, Valerie van Kuijck, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division II Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively.
NFHCA Division II Defensive Player of the Week
Kylie Gargiulo, No. 3 Assumption University, Sr., Goalkeeper (Madison, Connecticut)
- Tallied seven saves in a 2-0 week for the Greyhounds
- Made six stops in a 1-0 overtime victory against No. 6 Saint Anselm on Tuesday night for her ninth shutout of the season
- Went on to make one more save in a 3-0 victory over Saint Thomas Aquinas for her 10th shutout of the season as Assumption finished the regular season 14-0 in Northeast-10 Conference play
- Named NE10 Goalkeeper of the Week
- This is Gargiulo’s second NFHCA Division II Defensive Player of the Week honor this season
NFHCA Division II Offensive Player of the Week
Valerie van Kuijck, No. 2 West Chester University, Fr., Midfielder (Denbosch, The Netherlands)
- Registered seven points last week for the No. 2 Golden Rams
- Scored three goals over the span of two games including the OT game-winner at No. 7 Kutztown University on Wednesday evening
- Netted a pair of goals and assisted on another against Mansfield University in a Saturday afternoon 7-0 win
- Named Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference Athlete of the Week
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the association is to champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game. The NFHCA strives to be the organization that every field hockey coach looks to for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.