McIlhenny, Redding named NFHCA Division III National Players of the Week
BROCKPORT, N.Y. — Fifth-year senior defender from No. 10 Ursinus College, Erin McIlhenny, and sophomore forward from the University of Scranton, Katie Redding, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division III Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively.
NFHCA Division III Defensive Player of the Week
Erin McIlhenny, No. 10 Ursinus College, 5Yr., Defender (Moorestown, New Jersey)
- Recorded four defensive saves in a pair of ranked wins for the No. 10 Bears
- Tied her own program record with three defensive saves against No. 7 The College of New Jersey in Tuesday’s 2-1 overtime win
- Contributed another defensive save to help secure the 6-0 shutout against Centennial Conference rival, No. 14 Franklin & Marshall College
- Named Centennial Conference Defensive Player of the Week
NFHCA Division III Offensive Player of the Week
Katie Redding, University of Scranton, So., Forward/Midfielder (Havertown, Pennsylvania)
- Recorded five goals in two games, including the first two multi-goal games of her career
- Netted a pair of goals in a 5-0 win over Gwynedd Mercy University on Wednesday
- Scored her first-career hat trick in Saturday’s 3-0 victory over No. 17 Susquehanna University
- Her offensive performance has helped lead Scranton to a 7-0 start
- Named Landmark Conference Offensive Player of the Week
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the association is to champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game. The NFHCA strives to be the organization that every field hockey coach looks to for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.