Brown-Scherer, Riley named NFHCA Division III National Players of the Week
BROCKPORT, N.Y. — Senior goalkeeper from No. 6 Babson College, Cassidy Riley, and senior forward from No. 2 Johns Hopkins University, Maddie Brown-Scherer, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division III Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively.
NFHCA Division III Defensive Player of the Week
Cassidy Riley, No. 6 Babson College, Sr., Goalkeeper (Niantic, Connecticut)
- Posted back-to-back shutouts in victories over No. 3 Tufts University and conference-rival Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Stopped seven shots in the Beavers’ 1-0 overtime win against the previously-unbeaten Jumbos
- Made one more save in Saturday’s 3-0 victory over the Engineers to improve to 2-0 in conference play
- Named New England Women’s and Men’s Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Week
NFHCA Division III Offensive Player of the Week
Maddie Brown-Scherer, No. 2 Johns Hopkins University, Sr., Forward (Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania)
- Led No. 2 Hopkins to two wins with two goals and two assists in two conference matches last week
- Recorded a goal and two assists in the Blue Jays’ shutout of Dickinson College on Wednesday
- Scored a goal to give Hopkins a 2-0 lead at Haverford College in what ended up being a 2-1 Blue Jays’ win
- Her offensive performance helped the 10-0 Blue Jays improve to 3-0 in Centennial Conference play
- Named Centennial Conference Offensive Player of the Week
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the association is to champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game. The NFHCA strives to be the organization that every field hockey coach looks to for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.