Baekers, Elliott named NFHCA Division I National Players of the Week
GENEVA, N.Y. — Graduate student goalkeeper from No. 4 University of Louisville, Sasha Elliott, and fifth-year forward from No. 1 Northwestern University, Bente Baekers, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division I Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week sponsored by ScoreBreak, respectively.
NFHCA Division I Defensive Player of the Week
Sasha Elliott, No. 4 University of Louisville, Gr., Goalkeeper (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- Posted a 0.50 goals-against average and a .900 save percentage in a pair of wins on the weekend
- Made three saves en route to her first shutout of the season vs now ranked No. 25 James Madison University
- Made six saves, including one during a penalty stroke in the fourth quarter, in a 2-1 victory over then-No. 4 University of Michigan
- Elliot now holds a 0.83 goals against average and leads the conference with a .868 save percentage on the season
- Named ACC Field Hockey Defensive Player of the Week
NFHCA Division I Offensive Player of the Week
Bente Baekers, No. 1 Northwestern University, 5th year, Forward (Rijswijk, The Netherlands)
- Scored four goals in Northwestern’s home wins over then-No. 11 Liberty University and then-No. 9 University of Virginia
- Scored two goals in just 40 seconds against Liberty and recorded two goals and an assist against Virginia
- Leads the nation in goals per game and points per game this season
- Led Northwestern to its second 6-0 start in program history and first since 1985
- Named Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week
ScoreBreak utilizes patented technology which syncs live game statistics with video allowing for instant film breakdown and in-game adjustments. ScoreBreak supports multiple camera angles, open timeline video, curated playlists, and custom tagging specific to your sport, team, and athletes. ScoreBreak is the trusted partner of professional sports leagues such as the Premier Lacrosse League, Athletes Unlimited Women’s Lacrosse, Athletes Unlimited Women’s Basketball, International Men’s & Women’s Basketball, as well as many of the top college, high school, and club programs in the United States and throughout North America.
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the association is to champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game. The NFHCA strives to be the organization that every field hockey coach looks to for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.