Sprecher, Zwager named NFHCA Division I National Players of the Week
GENEVA, N.Y. — Graduate student goalkeeper from No. 9 University of Connecticut, Cheyenne Sprecher, and senior forward from No. 21 James Madison University, Eveline Zwager, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division I Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week sponsored by ScoreBreak, respectively.
NFHCA Division I Defensive Player of the Week
Cheyenne Sprecher, No. 9 University of Connecticut, Gr., Goalkeeper (Palymra, Pennsylvania)
- Made seven saves in the 3-2 double overtime victory over then-No. 14 Old Dominion University
- Made five saves in the 3-1 victory over then-No. 16 William & Mary
- Currently holds a .786 save percentage which ranks 12th in the country
- Named BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Week
NFHCA Division I Offensive Player of the Week
Eveline Zwager, No. 21 James Madison University, Sr., Forward (Hardenerg, The Netherlands)
- Scored the game-winning goal in the 1-0 victory vs then-No. 16 William & Mary
- Scored the game-winning goal in the 3-2 victory vs then-No. 12 Liberty University
- This marks JMU’s first victory over Liberty since 2017 and first victory over a ranked opponent since October 15, 2021
ScoreBreak utilizes patented technology which syncs live game statistics with video allowing for instant film breakdown and in-game adjustments. ScoreBreak supports multiple camera angles, open timeline video, curated playlists, and custom tagging specific to your sport, team, and athletes. ScoreBreak is the trusted partner of professional sports leagues such as the Premier Lacrosse League, Athletes Unlimited Women’s Lacrosse, Athletes Unlimited Women’s Basketball, International Men’s & Women’s Basketball, as well as many of the top college, high school, and club programs in the United States and throughout North America.
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the association is to champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game. The NFHCA strives to be the organization that every field hockey coach looks to for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.