Sprecher, Yeager named NFHCA Division I National Players of the Week
BROCKPORT, N.Y. — Redshirt senior goalkeeper from No. 15 University of Connecticut, Cheyenne Sprecher, and freshman midfielder from No. 17 Princeton University, Beth Yeager, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division I Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively.
NFHCA Division I Defensive Player of the Week
Cheyenne Sprecher, No. 15 University of Connecticut, RSr., Goalkeeper (Palmyra, Pennsylvania)
- Shutout No. 21 Old Dominion University and No. 14 Harvard University
- Recorded four saves in each game
- Made two saves in each overtime period with the Crimson
- Stopped four Harvard attempts in the overtime shootouts to secure the win
- Named Big East Defensive Player of the Week
NFHCA Division I Offensive Player of the Week
Beth Yeager, No. 17 Princeton University, Fr., Midfielder (Greenwich, Connecticut)
- Tallied 10 points as No. 17 Princeton University recorded two wins last weekend
- Scored the tying goal against No. 23 University of Delaware
- Registered eight points on three goals and two assists in win over Boston University
- Named Ivy League Offensive Player of the Week
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the association is to champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game. The NFHCA strives to be the organization that every field hockey coach looks to for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.