Field Hockey Recruiting Articles
Helpful Recruiting Links
Guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete
Everything parents and prospective student-athletes need to know!
NCAA Eligibility Center
This is your initial eligibility resource. Registration with the NCAA Eligibility Center is mandatory to play at Division I and Division II.
A great all-around college resource with information on SAT testing, AP exams, and financial planning.
Recent Recruiting News
- NCAA Division II voted to eliminate the nonqualifier status and allow all college-bound student-athletes access to athletics aid and practice through the partial qualifier status, this new legislation is applicable to student-athletes enrolling in NCAA Division II member schools on or after August 1, 2021 (March 2)
- NCAA Eligibility Center announces flexibility in initial eligibility for 2021-22 (Aug. 17)
- NCAA Eligibility Center COVID-19 Response FAQs — 2020-21 Academic Year (Aug. 17)
- Division II to resume normal recruiting calendars Sept. 1 (Aug. 14)
- NFHCA Recruiting 101
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- Division I recruiting update from the NCAA (June 25)
- Division II recruiting update from the NCAA (June 10)
Key Recruiting Terms
Definition: A dead period is a period of time when it is not permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off the institution’s campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by PSAs to the institution’s campus. It remains permissible, however, for an institutional staff member to write or telephone a PSA during a dead period.
Definition: One becomes a prospective student-athlete when they start ninth grade classes. Before the ninth grade, one becomes a prospective student-athlete if a college gives you (or your friends or relatives) any financial aid or other benefits that the college does not generally provide to prospective students.
Also called: PSA, recruit
Definition: During a quiet period, a college coach may not have any in-person contact with you or your parents off the college’s campus. A coach may not watch you play or visit your high school during this period. You and your parents may visit a college campus during this time. A coach may call or write to you or your parents during this time.
National Letter of Intent
The official document administered by the Collegiate Commissioners Association and utilized by NCAA member institutions to establish the commitment of a PSA to attend a particular institution.
Also called: NLI
NFHCA Winter Escape Showcase
Find your field hockey home.