Parker, Esterling named NFHCA Division II National Players of the Week
MANAHAWKIN, NJ — Junior goalkeeper from Belmont Abbey College, Chloe Parker, and senior forward from No. 7 Mansfield University, Alex Esterling, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division II Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively.
Junior midfielder from No. 5 Saint Anselm College, Stephanie Sutton-Brown, and sophomore defender from Converse University, Remmington Lewis, also received honorable mentions nods for Division II Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively, as well.
NFHCA Division II Defensive Player of the Week
Chloe Parker, Belmont Abbey College, Jr., Goalkeeper (Virginia Beach, Virginia)
- Named South Atlantic Conference Defensive Player of the Week.
- Set the new Belmont Abbey program record for most saves in a career (240) against Limestone.
- Made nine more saves in the win against Coker to total 10 saves on the week and 249 career saves.
- Recorded her fourth shutout of the season in the 2-0 win over Coker.
NFHCA Division II Offensive Player of the Week
Alex Esterling, No. 7 Mansfield University, Sr., Forward (Wilmington, Delaware)
- Sent three goals in on the week as Mansfield won at then No. 4 Bloomsburg and at then No. 9 Millersville to help clinch the Mounties’ first PSAC playoff berth since 2019.
Netted two goals against Bloomsburg, including the game-winner on a post-buzzer penalty corner.
Tallied the opening goal against Millersville before adding the first shootout score as Mansfield took the 3-2 victory.
NFHCA Division II Defensive Player of the Week Honorable Mention
Stephanie Sutton-Brown, No. 5 Saint Anselm College, Jr., Midfielder (Ashby, Massachusetts)
- Recorded her first defensive save of her career against No. 8 Assumption in double overtime to keep the Hawks in the game as Saint Anselm went on to hand the undefeated Greyhounds their first conference loss in a shootout and finished out the regular season with an 11-2 league record.
- Spearheaded the defensive midfield and was instrumental in helping the team secure the No. 2 seed in the NE10 tournament.
NFHCA Division II Offensive Player of the Week Honorable Mention
Remmington Lewis, Converse University, So., Defender (Felton, Delaware)
- Named South Atlantic Conference Offensive Player of the Week.
- Tallied two goals and two assists off of five penalty corner goals in an 8-0 shutout against Lincoln Memorial.
- Recorded her first-ever multi-point game of her career.
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the association is to champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game. The NFHCA strives to be the organization that every field hockey coach looks to for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.