McKeough, Supey named NFHCA Division II National Players of the Week
BROCKPORT, N.Y. — Sophomore goalkeeper from No. 5 East Stroudsburg, Amy Supey, and junior forward from No. 9 Adelphi University, Giana McKeough, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division II Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively.
NFHCA Division II Defensive Player of the Week
Amy Supey, No. 5 East Stroudsburg University, So., Goalkeeper (Lehman, Pennsylvania)
- Posted shutouts last week against two ranked, conference opponents in No. 7 Kutztown University and then-No. 10 Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Against Kutztown, recorded two saves in the 1-0 win
- On Saturday against IUP, turned away three shots to keep the Warrior’s slate clean
- Leads the PSAC in minutes played (857:16) and ranks third in goals against average (.91)
- Named Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) Defensive Athlete of the Week
NFHCA Division II Offensive Player of the Week
Giana McKeough, No. 9 Adelphi University, Jr., Forward (Carle Place, New York)
- Tallied ten points in a pair of wins this week for No. 9 Adelphi
- Scored one goal and had two assists in Adelphi’s 7-1 win over Mercy College on Tuesday
- Added three more goals against University of New Haven for her first hat trick of the season
- Named Northeast-10 Conference Player of the Week
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the association is to champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game. The NFHCA strives to be the organization that every field hockey coach looks to for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.