Possess a ball in a small area to open up passing lanes for a Target (T) player upfield in a dangerous scoring space.
4v2 Three Zones to Goal.
Objective: Possess a ball in a small area to open up passing lanes for a Target (T) player upfield in a dangerous scoring space. Defenders are looking to pressure the ball and take away the lane to the Target (T) player.
- The coach feeds the 3v1 attackers a ball In Zone 1 and the attackers need to make three complete passes. Once they do that, they are looking upfield to find the Target (T) player in a dangerous space.
- D1 is looking to pressure the ball and keep it in front in Zone 1 while D2 in Zone 2 communicates where the Target (T) player Is In Zone 3.
- After the three complete passes are made In Zone 1 ALL players continue to play to goal.
- D2 in Zone 2 Is looking to make an interception and works to position themselves in the lane to the upfield attacker.
- Individual Defense, team defense, possession passing, upfield cutting attackers, ARZ/DRZ, 1v1 versus a goalkeeper
This drill is from the July 2023 Ready2Coach Clinic at the University of New Hampshire and Associate Head Coach Steve Danielson. Thank you Coach!