Campbell, Strickland named NFHCA Division II National Players of the Week
BROCKPORT, N.Y. — Senior goalkeeper from No. 5 Stonehill College, Abigail Campbell, and junior forward from No. 4 Millersville University, Kate Strickland, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division II Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively.
NFHCA Division II Defensive Player of the Week
Abigail Campbell, No. 5 Stonehill College, Sr., Goalkeeper (Norfolk, Massachusetts)
- Averaged 9.50 saves per game while posting a 0.50 goals-against average last week
- Made 13 saves to secure a shutout over conference foe, Adelphi University, on Saturday
- Registered six stops in Wednesday’s 4-1 win at Franklin Pierce University
- Named Northeast-10 Conference Goalkeeper of the Week
NFHCA Division II Offensive Player of the Week
Kate Strickland, No. 4 Millersville University, Jr., Forward (Franconia Township, Pennsylvania)
- Finished the week with seven points on three goals and one assist
- Scored two goals, including the game winner, in the 6-1 win over Mercy College
- Recorded one assist and a goal in the 2-0 win against conference opponent, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Named Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference Field Hockey Athlete of the Week
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the organization is to stimulate the professional development of coaching leadership within the sport of field hockey. The NFHCA strives to cultivate and recognize the professional contributions of its membership and to foster and promote the growth of the sport. The NFHCA is responsible for providing a recognizable presence and voice in regard to legislation affecting the sport as well as interscholastic and intercollegiate programs.