Albee, De Meyer named NFHCA Division II National Players of the Week
MANAHAWKIN, NJ — Sophomore goalkeeper Emma Albee and junior midfielder/forward Yasmin De Meyer, both from No. 2 Shippensburg University, have been named this week’s NFHCA Division II Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively.
Junior goalkeeper from Saint Michael’s College, Riley O’Connor, and Junior forward from Assumption University, Mia Salah, also received honorable mentions nods for Division II Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively, as well.
NFHCA Division II Defensive Player of the Week
Emma Albee, No. 2 Shippensburg University, So., Goalkeeper (Basking Ridge, New Jersey)
- Made seven saves in the shutout at No. 5 West Chester and six saves in the win at No. 9 Bloomsburg.
- Turned aside 13 of the 14 shots on goal against the Raiders this week.
- Tallied her third shutout of the season.
- Blocked 18 of the 19 shots on goal against her over the last four games.
- Her shutout marked the first time that West Chester had been held without a goal in a game since the 2021 national championship game, a 3-0 win for Shippensburg.
NFHCA Division II Offensive Player of the Week
Yasmin De Meyer, No. 2 Shippensburg University, Jr., Midfielder/Forward (Pietermaritzburg, South Africa)
- Extended her goal-scoring streak to three straight games and has now scored five goals in her last three games.
- Scored the opening goal (which was also the game-winning goal) in the 2-0 victory at No. 5 West Chester.
- Netted twice in the win at No. 9 Bloomsburg.
- Currently leads the Raiders with seven goals on the season.
NFHCA Division II Defensive Player of the Week Honorable Mention
Riley O’Connor, Saint Michael’s College, Jr., Goalkeeper (Canton, Massachusetts)
- Made 13 saves in a 1-0 victory at American International College, including six stops in the fourth quarter.
- Tallied the most saves by an NE10 goalkeeper in a shutout this season.
NFHCA Division II Offensive Player of the Week Honorable Mention
Mia Salah, Assumption University, Jr., Forward (Gloucester, Massachusetts)
- Recorded three goals in two games.
- At Southern Connecticut, scored one goal on three shots before potting a pair of scores at Mercy.
- Currently leads the NE10 in both goals per game (1.5) and points per game (3.5).
The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is a nonprofit organization serving field hockey coaches and supporters of the game from across the United States. The mission of the association is to champion, strengthen, and celebrate field hockey coaches and the game. The NFHCA strives to be the organization that every field hockey coach looks to for the resources to grow in the game and the inspiration to stay in the game.