What does “NFHCA” stand for?
We are the National Field Hockey Coaches Association.
Our mission is to stimulate the professional development of coaching leadership within the sport of field hockey. As a nonprofit organization serving coaches and friends of the game, the NFHCA strives to cultivate and recognize the professional contributions of its membership and to foster and promote the growth of the sport in the United States.
The purpose of the NFHCA is:
- To serve as a unified professional organization that gives its members both a voice and access to resources in the sport of field hockey
- To empower, support, and include coaches across all levels and regions of the country, including club, scholastic, and collegiate programs
- To promote diversity and to support coaches of color in our sport and in our organization
- To provide a platform for coaches to interact, mentor, and learn from one another
- To provide educational and professional development opportunities
- To recognize and celebrate coaches, teams, athletes, members, administrators, and pioneers within the sport of field hockey and those who have served our sport
- To encourage the growth of the sport of field hockey at all levels, specifically club, scholastic, and collegiate programs
- To serve as an advocate for our membership with other field hockey organizations, including USA Field Hockey, NCAA, and high school governing bodies
The NFHCA shall not discriminate against any person because of age, ancestry, color, disability or handicap, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, or sexual orientation. The NFHCA seeks to promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect for one another in and outside of the field hockey community.
Have additional questions? Visit our FAQ page.