St. John Fisher College
The Head Coach is responsible for the planning, organization, and administration of the Field Hockey program.
– Adhere to all NCAA, conference, and institutional guidelines, policies, and rules
– Demonstrate leadership and professional behavior when dealing with student-athletes
– Maintain positive constructive working relationships with student-athletes, athletics department coaches and staff, and all members of the College community
– At all times promote the Field Hockey program in a positive way
– Frontrush software usage to submit and update recruit information
– Corresponding via mailings, phone calls, text messaging and emails
– Scheduling and setting up recruit visits
– Attending off campus recruiting events
– Working with admissions office to recruit student athletes
Field Hockey Team Coaching & Education (50%)
– Practice planning and coaching
– Individual & small group coaching sessions
– Oversee academic, moral, ethical and athletic development of the student-athletes personal & team meetings
– Game preparation team meetings
– Game day meetings, coaching, post-game debrief
– Team film sessions & meetings
– Participation in community service events
Oversee academic, moral, ethical and athletic development of the student-athletes (5%)
Game Management & other administrative tasks as assigned by department (20%)
Yearly NCAA rules test
Education / Experience
-Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree preferred. Intercollegiate playing experience desired. Collegiate coaching experience preferred.
Competencies / Skills
– Ability to demonstrate Field Hockey techniques and related skills, interpersonal skills between students, staff, alumni and friends of the College.
Supervision of Employees
-Coordinate duties and supervision of the assistant coaches.
Physical and Mental Demands
-Maintain professional attitude and demeanor in difficult situations. Position must have ability to multi-task in a very busy environment. Must be able to work weekends, travel, drive rental vehicles and be away from home for extended periods of time. Extensive weekends and evenings required of the job
Well lighted, well ventilated pleasant work area. Work with students and accompany team when traveling.
Equipment to be Used
Must be able to be proficient in word, excel and able to learn other sport related computer programs. Train and become proficient with the Front Rush Athletic software system for recruiting and managing student athletes. Equipment related to sport.
Schedule varies depending on if in-season or out-of-season. The ability to work nights and weekends required to support practices, games and recruiting events.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sjfc.edu.