Website St. Agnes Acadmey
St. Agnes Academy, a Catholic, college-preparatory Dominican high school for young women in Southwest Houston is seeking a Head Coach. The head coach will serve as a representative for the Academy’s mission and is responsible for creating a safe and supportive learning environment that promotes the intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth of each student-athlete.
Additional Teaching positions available in: Math (Advanced), History, Science
• Ensures that the four pillars of a Dominican education (prayer, study, community, preaching) are developed and promoted throughout the team program
• Instructs, guides, and motivates students to be successful on and off the field
• Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport; Assesses player’s skills and assigns team positions; Keeps statistics
• Develops a regular practice schedule providing for both individual and team development
• Coaches all players within the program and creates a safe, supportive, learning environment
• Works with the Director of Athletics to schedule facilities for practices and competitions
• Observes athletes, during competition and practice to determine the needs for improvement
• Determines game strategy based on the team’s capabilities and individual stats
• Establishes and maintains standards of athletes behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student athletes to maintain a high academic standard
• Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury; communicates regularly with the athletic trainer in the rehabilitation of athletes
• Models Christian values and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators
• Acts as a team representative and promotes the sport by communicating with the news media, VTV, booster club, student council, and other organizations
• Ensures the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms
• Works with the Director of Athletics to develop a policy for awards and submits a list of award winners at the end of the season; Nominates all deserving athletes for all-tournament teams, all-district, all-state, and academic all-state
• Maintains eligibility forms, emergency data cards, insurance records, equipment inventory, and other related records
• Attends all coaches meetings, staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance
• Responsible for scheduling, developing an annual budget and following all TAPPS rules, policies, and procedures
• Responsible for mentoring and evaluating assistant coaches
• Assists with the hiring of assistant coaches
• Manages an off-season workout program
• Assists with the planning and management of the middle school volleyball tournament
• Coordinates summer camp and team camps (if applicable)
• Assists athletes in the recruiting process for playing in college
• Participates in special activities to include Open House, Athletic Awards Night, pep rallies, 9th grade registration, etc.
• Performs any other related duties as assigned by Director of Athletics or any other appropriate administrator
Requirements: Candidates must have a minimum of 60 completed college hours. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Must have previous coaching and/or playing experience at the high school varsity level or higher. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, coaches, and students.
This job operates in a professional/education/physical activity environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role routinely uses sports related activity equipment. Both outdoor and indoor practice and meet locations will be used.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit at desk area, communicate via phone/face to face, manually input data into a computer, walk to different office areas, reach with hands and arms, and minimal lifting. Driving the team bus to and from practice and games. Lifting or carrying sports equipment. Pro-longed standing.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org