Application Procedure: Send letter of application, resume and two letters of recommendation from members of the NCAA collegiate field hockey community (e.g., coach, official, etc.) by August 2, 2021 to Ben Brownlee at email@example.com.
Compensation: A small stipend will be paid to the successful candidate.
Reports to: NCAA Field Hockey Rules Subcommittee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
a. Record NCAA rules modifications changes adopted by the subcommittee and update the NCAA rules modifications manuscript accordingly;
b. Adhere to publishing deadlines in submitting updated or new material for publications;
c. Ensure the technical accuracy of the NCAA rules modifications in submitting them for publication and in proofreading the corrected version;
d. Facilitate production of finished artwork of diagrams or equipment that the subcommittee wishes to include in the published NCAA rules modifications;
e. Act as the official interpreter of the NCAA rules modifications between meetings of the subcommittee;
f. Work with the NCAA, and USA Field Hockey to produce bulletins, rules updates, points of emphasis, and interpretations;
g. Assist the NCAA National Officials Assignor as needed with annual rules clinic presentations and a rules video;
h. Attend the NCAA Field Hockey Championships as needed as the official rules interpreter of the committees;
i. Attend coaches convention as needed to facilitate discussions on FIH and NCAA rules modifications;
j. Respond in a timely manner to questions regarding the NCAA rules modifications from coaching and umpiring communities, and parents of student-athletes when appropriate.
k. Perform such other duties as the subcommittee chair and/or championship liaison may direct.
*This position and the NCAA Field Hockey National Assignor position can be held by the same individual.
Preferred Qualifications and Minimum Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree (essential).
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential).
3. Ability to relate effectively with umpires and coaches on a national level (essential).
4. Extensive knowledge of FIH rules and NCAA rules modifications and their relationship to officiating mechanics and techniques (essential).
5. Strong administrative and organizational skills (essential).
6. Ability to use electronic mail as a means of correspondence (essential).
7. Experience in officiating or coaching at the collegiate level (essential).
8. Shall not be an active NCAA coach, official, or conference coordinator/assignor; and
9. Experience coaching at the collegiate level (preferred).
To apply for this job please visit ncaamarket.ncaa.org.