Website Marian University
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, being responsible in overseeing all phases of the NCAA Division III Women’s Field Hockey program within compliance of Marian University and NCAA rules and regulations.
1. Develops and maintains a system to identify prospective student-athletes and to work closely with club and high school coaches to recruit quality student-athletes
2. Develops and implements a program which includes monitored academic progress in addition to performance
3. Responsible for in-game coaching
4. Organizes and coordinates all team travel
5. Responsible for scheduling all future contests
6. Manages all assistant coaches within the program
7. Responsible for managing and monitoring the program budget under the direction of the Director of Athletics
8. Conducts program in compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations and Marian University policies
9. Assists the Sports Information Director with statistics, press releases, media guide, and other publications
10. Assists in department fundraising activities
11. Organize camps and clinics to promote the sport of field hockey and also help create public interest and community involvement with the University
12. Maintains a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the University community
13. Coordinate practice and game schedules within the athletic department facilities calendar
1. Performs other work related duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
2. Strong ability to recruit student athletes in the context of NCAA Division III philosophy.
3. Strong oral and written communication skills.
4. Strong organizational skills.
5. Successful intercollegiate coaching and/or playing experience.
6. Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use “Head Women’s Field Hockey Coach” in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by October 11, 2021, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org