Website Hofstra University
Hofstra University, an NCAA Division I institution and a member of the Colonial Athletic Association is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of assistant Field Hockey coach. This is a full-time, 12 month position. Responsibilities include assisting in all aspects of a division 1 program including skill instruction, planning and coaching practices, implementing and maintaining a recruiting database, assisting with recruiting and scouting, organizing travel arrangements, closely monitoring student-athletes academic needs, and other administrative duties. Candidates must be able to organize and handle all aspects of administration and adhere to the rules and regulations of Hofstra University, the Colonial Athletic Association, and the NCAA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
– Teach sport specific skills
– Educate our student-athletes on and implement specific game strategies
– Fundraise, market, and promote the field hockey program and Hofstra Athletics
– Assist the head coach and participate in community service activities
– Coordinate and organize recruiting visits on campus
– Coordinate alumnae events as well as develop the alumnae database
– Work with the marketing and sports communication to promote and initiate social media.
– Help to assure that facilities and equipment are prepared in advance of practice sessions and games
– Assists in making travel, meal, and lodging arrangements for team members during “away” games
For consideration, please email a letter of application, resume and three references to:
To apply for this job please visit www.hofstra.edu.