The National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is seeking an engaging and authentic leader to inspire membership, advocate for our sport, and provide resourceful and transparent leadership.
Summary Description: The Executive Director will have ultimate responsibility for all operational matters of the NFHCA, including leading the overall strategic direction of the Association in conjunction with the NFHCA Board of Directors.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s or equivalent preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic recommendations to the Board of Directors and assist with implementation.
- Craft commercial strategy and oversee all marketing endeavors to enhance revenue.
- Maintain awareness of key issues impacting membership.
- Drive communication and marketing strategies to advance NFHCA brand.
- Administer all operational affairs.
- Oversee all association events, programs, and services and provides recommendations to the Board of Directors on adjustments beneficial to NFHCA.
- Develop annual operating budget and partner with the Board of Directors to identify priorities for revenue generation and resource allocation
- Ensure financial health of association with decision making founded on fiscal prudence and timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Build and maintain collaborative partnerships with external organizations including NCAA, NFHS and USA Field Hockey.
- Lead, mentor, and cultivate NFHCA staff.
- Execute other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Critical Expertise & Experience:
- Strategic business planning experience balancing innovation and sound fiscal judgment.
- Demonstrated financial management skills, including budgeting, planning, and administration.
- Proven ability to identify new streams of revenue (including sponsorships.)
- A track record of collaboration with organizations, and entities at local, regional, and national levels.
- Developed and operationalized strategies advancing an organization.
- Strategic mindset and approach to solving problems and identifying creative solutions.
- Ability to perform and provide clear decision-making leadership, while managing multiple and sometimes competing priorities.
- Demonstrated success in setting ambitious goals and inspiring those around them to achieve.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and polished communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Value-centered, principled leader who collaborates well with diverse groups of people and builds great teams.
- Mission-driven, self-directed, analytical, innovative, and intuitive.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Deadline for Submission: April 2, 2021, 5:00 p.m. EST. Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume, including references, via electronic mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions may be directed to Heather Lewis, Interim Executive Director at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org