Website Episcopal School of Dallas
The Head Field Hockey Coach/Program Director is responsible for shaping and guiding all aspects of the program, grades 7-12, and reports directly to the Director of Athletics. The head coach must be a dynamic, innovative, and inspirational leader with a demonstrated commitment and passion for working with young people and collaborating with parents, faculty, administration and colleagues. He/she will emphasize the importance of a positive team culture, demonstrate a winning attitude, model exceptional sportsmanship and will be a skilled teacher of fundamentals, strategy and character. He/she will support the school’s mission in providing opportunities for each student to develop his full potential spiritually, academically, socially and physically.
**This is a part-time position. Full-time faculty/staff positions maybe available**
Qualifications: that are required include, but are not limited to the following:
• Embraces and embodies the purposefully stated ESD mission statement
• Has extensive knowledge and successful experience coaching at the high school and/or intercollegiate level, with preference given to those who have served as a head coach.
• Takes the initiative and possesses the energy needed to lead and grow an athletic program in a K-12 independent school environment
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Plan, organize and implement the teaching of fundamentals, strategies and proper conditioning including the off season
• Provide an atmosphere conducive to good sportsmanship; compile and maintain accurate performance statistics and records; utilize athletic administration curriculum;
• Work well with other sports and school programming to allow for students pursuing appropriately balanced multi-sport/activity opportunities
• Ensure that adequate supervision is provided for all students involved in the program; provide for the safety by inspecting facilities/equipment and being aware of environmental conditions
• Issue, collect, inventory, store equipment and uniforms consistent with department guidelines in a timely manner
• Develop positive, productive relationships with the entire ESD community
• Maintain a budget for the program
• Assist in the college recruitment process
• Coordinate, manage, develop and evaluate all members of the coaching staff throughout the program.
• Facilitate coaches, team & parent meetings
• Comply with the rules and regulations of ESD and the Southwest Preparatory Conference
• Timely and consistent communication of scheduling logistics throughout the school year and enforcement of all team and school policies relating to all activities according to the Student-Athlete/Coaches Handbooks
• Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
Work with our full time Director of Sports Performance and Athletic Training staff to ensure safety and focus on injury prevention, stability, mobility and flexibility.
To apply please visit our website at www.esdallas.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com