Website Episcopal School of Dallas
Upper School Proctor & Head Field Hockey Coach/Program Director
The Episcopal School of Dallas
An Upper School Proctor and Substitute would have many, varied duties to assist in the supervision of students in the Upper School. Their primary duty would be to proctor study halls throughout the day, but they would also proctor before or after school testing sessions, monitor public areas of the school, proctor regular and Saturday detention halls, and/or substitute for teachers who are absent. The duties would vary based on need, and be assigned by the Assistant Head of Upper School.
The Head Field Hockey Coach/Program Director is responsible for shaping and guiding all aspects of the program, grades 7-12, and reports directly to the Director of Athletics. The head coach must be a dynamic, innovative, and inspirational leader with a demonstrated commitment and passion for working with young people and collaborating with parents, faculty, administration and colleagues. He/she will emphasize the importance of a positive team culture, demonstrate a winning attitude, model exceptional sportsmanship and will be a skilled teacher of fundamentals, strategy and character. He/she will support the school’s mission in providing opportunities for each student to develop his full potential spiritually, academically, socially and physically.
Qualifications: that are required include, but are not limited to the following:
• Embraces and embodies the purposefully stated ESD mission statement.
• Has extensive knowledge and successful experience coaching at the high school and/or intercollegiate level, with preference given to those who have served as a head coach.
• Takes the initiative and possesses the energy needed to lead and grow an athletic program in a K-12 independent school environment.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
• Ability to work with youth in an educational setting.
• Ability to implement lesson plans provided by teachers.
• Ability to follow protocols to keep students safe in emergency situations (fire drills, weather drills, etc.)
• Flexibility in carrying out the required tasks, and adapting to a changing set of duties.
• Effective interpersonal skills; specifically for interacting with students and faculty members.
• Ability to maintain order in classroom setting.
For more information or to apply, please visit our website at www.esdallas.org.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org