Website Columbia University
The Assistant Women’s Field Hockey Coach provides administrative, instructional, and recruiting support services under the direction and supervision of the Head Women’s Field Hockey Coach and Associate in Physical Education.
- Achieving a high level of competency in sport skill instruction, motivation, and
conduct of practice sessions under the direction of the Head Women’s Field Hockey Coach.
- Recruiting student athletes effectively under the direction of the Head Women’s
Field Hockey Coach.
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with adherence to NCAA, Ivy League Conference, University, and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations and/or Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrating a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development,
as well as the athletic welfare of student athletes.
- Demonstrating excellent writing, speaking and listening abilities.
- Participating in continuing education conferences, workshops, or meetings to
increase professional skills and knowledge.
- Exhibiting leadership and professional behavior in dealing with student athletes.
- Completing all assignments made by the Head Women’s Field Hockey Coach including but not limited to budget management, scheduling and fundraising.
- Contributing to the maintenance of good working relationships.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A high level of competency in field hockey skill instruction and motivation, and understanding of the role of intercollegiate athletics in a highly competitive academic environment.
- Strong recruiting, teaching and coaching skills.
- An ability to build and maintain positive relationships with student athletes, staff and alumni.
- Demonstrated success in coaching women’s field hockey preferably at the NCAA Division I level
- Proven skills in fan, friend and fund-raising.
- Prior experience as a student-athlete and/or coach at an Ivy League institution
- Master’s Degree or equivalent level education preferred.
Questions regarding position can be directed to:
Katie DeSandis (Head Coach): email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit pa334.peopleadmin.com.