Website College of the Holy Cross
Assistant Coach Field Hockey (part-time)
About College of the Holy Cross:
Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation’s leading liberal arts institutions. A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of 3,100 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous, personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
Holy Cross highly values the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work at The College is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members, students, faculty and staff. The College’s commitment to diversity is an important feature of the Holy Cross education. Informed by the presence of diverse interpretations of the human experience, Holy Cross is building a community marked by freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support our values of diversity and inclusiveness. Job candidates of all diverse backgrounds who embrace the open and inclusive culture of Holy Cross are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Assist Head Coach by serving as the second assistant coach with responsibility in numerous facets of the women’s field hockey program, primarily by: instructing student-athletes on field hockey skills and techniques, educating on field hockey rules and NCAA requirements, assessing comprehension of skills, techniques and rules and providing additional instruction as appropriate, and preparing team for competition and practice.
An emphasis on film reviewing and breakdown skills, experience with clipping and editing game footage most desirable.
Assistant coach must perform duties in compliance with all College, Patriot League, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Primary Responsibilities (60%):
Provide individual and team instruction to student-athletes on:
• rules & fundamentals
• skill attainment
• techniques and methods required to demonstrate satisfactory performance in a safe manner
• team concepts
Provide individualized coaching/tutoring/mentoring to student-athletes, including preparatory work that includes:
• assessing student-athlete skill attainment demonstrated during practice, competition, and in films of both practice and competition
• reviewing video of opponent performance and subsequently designing individualized and team instruction for Holy Cross student-athletes
• determining specific daily practice activities that will be conducted by student-athletes
• developing instruction for individual student-athletes and specific team needs
• determining pre-competition activities that will be conducted during days of competition
• attending workshops and training sessions for the purpose of researching methods to provide student-athletes with training and instruction on: rules, fundamentals, team concepts, physical health, safety, skill attainment, conference rules and regulations
Secondary responsibilities (40%)
Administrative duties as assigned, including, but not limited to (20%):
• Reviewing film to present to staff and team on current and opposition
• administering sport camps as directed by head coach and/or Athletics Administration
• Identifying talent
• Initiating and organizing communication with Recruits and coaching staff
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 1-3 years prior experience instructing and coaching, preferably at the Division I level
• Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required
• Computer and video editing skills strongly encouraged, ability to code and evaluate film.
This is a part time, exempt level position.
Start Date: August 1, 2021
End Date : November 30, 2021
The College of the Holy Cross is a private, Jesuit Catholic, undergraduate institution serving approximately 3,100 students. Founded in 1843, Holy Cross is the oldest Catholic college in New England and has a tradition of academic excellence. It is located atop Mount Saint James in Worcester, Massachusetts. The picturesque, 174-acre campus is an award-winning and registered arboretum.
Worcester is a city of approximately 170,000 people centrally located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It is approximately one hour from Boston, Hartford, and Providence, and three hours from New York City. Worcester is known as the Heart of the Commonwealth. Worcester offers many cultural and recreational opportunities.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA).
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits
Please attach a cover letter addressing the position requirements along with your resume.
In your cover letter please address how your work might support the College’s mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://www.holycross.edu/mission) and its core commitment to diversity and inclusion. Please provide examples of any past work that illuminate your commitments in these areas. For more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity.
Review of applications will begin as received and continue until the position has been filled.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2373393
The College of the Holy Cross is a highly selective Catholic liberal arts college in the Jesuit tradition. It enrolls about 3,000 students and is located in a medium-sized city 45 miles west of Boston. The College seeks faculty members whose scholarship, teaching, advising, and on- and off-campus service demonstrate commitment to the educational benefits of a richly diverse community. Holy Cross aspires to meet the needs of dual-career couples, in part through its membership in Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (http://www.heccma.org) and the New England Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (https://new-england.hercjobs.org/)
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.