Website Colgate University
Colgate Athletics seeks to be a welcoming and diverse association of students, coaches, staff, alumni and fans in which all people are treated equitably and respectfully, and can contribute fully to our success; we share common goals, we affirm open communication and civility, we honor the sacredness of each person, we accept responsibility to act for the common good, we care for and serve one another, and we honor our history while celebrating our evolution; and, we strive to consistently perform at the upper range of our potential, to get better every day with a goal to win – to win in competition, in the classroom, in the community and in the lives of every member of the Colgate Community.
Responsible for execution of specific strategic activities and outcomes within assigned sport or area. These will include sustained performance and execution in the following areas:
– adhere to Head Coach’s philosophy
– athletic instruction/coaching.
– program operations and administration as designated by head coach
Responsible for oversight of all administrative operations regarding student-athlete development. These will include:
– Monitoring of student-athlete academic progress and well-being
– Ensure student-athlete participation in all assigned community service activities
Responsible for execution of all scouting, film preparation, and competition preparation. These will include:
– video breakdown
– use of appropriate video-editing software
– coordination and oversight over film exchange program per conference policies
– coordination of team film sessions
– development of scouting reports
Responsible for overall team recruitment strategy.
– Exercises independent judgement regarding recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
– Decision-making authority to determine which individuals to recruit
– Decision-making authority in the allocation of scholarship allocations (as applicable)
– attracting and evaluating prospective student athletes
– monitoring prospective student-athlete academic progress and well being
– developing and maintaining relationships with prospective student athletes and other recruiting constituents
Accountable for maintaining personal compliance with all relevant governing bodies to include:
– Patriot League
– athletic department
– university policies
– successful completion of annual NCAA recruiting exam
Attendance at all required compliance educational meetings
Successful on-time completion of all recruiting logs
Accountable for maintaining professional relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. To include:
– Responsible for all newsletters and communication with alumni
– Responsible for team promotion and marketing to all constituents
– Responsible for determining communication strategy within university and local community
Independent and unchallengeable decision-making regarding all student-athlete participation in assigned sport activities when head coach is not present. Accountable for student-athlete welfare while coaching.
Responsible for maintaining a budget. Exercises independent discretion on all purchases and budgetary decisions for program.
Responsible for hiring, oversight and management of student managers and part-time casual wage staff. Assistant Coach has independent discretion on all hiring and termination of student employees and part-time casual wage staff.
Responsible for role modeling behaviors and leadership for student-athletes.
Colgate Athletics Mission:
To be an inclusive community of competitive excellence
Athletics Department Values:
Thoughtful – Careful, reasoned, inclusive thinking
Driven – Relentless, energetic, focused pursuit of courageous goal
Enthusiastic – Passionate, positive, fun presence
Cohesive – Close—knit, collaborative, consistent teamwork
Bold – Creative, resourceful, fearless winners
This position has been designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA), in accordance with the federal statutory requirements of the Jeanne Clery Act. CSAs are required to and responsible for reporting allegations of crimes they receive from students and employees to the Campus Safety Department.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org