Website Bridgewater College
Bridgewater College, a member of the Old Dominion Athletic Conference and NCAA Division III, is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Field Hockey Coach, to begin immediately. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Head Field Hockey Coach.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the head coach in all facets of managing a competitive Division III field hockey program
- Recruiting prospective student-athletes who fit the mission and culture of the program and the College
- Film analysis and breakdown, on field instruction and coaching, practice planning and game strategizing with the head coach
- Complying with all NCAA, conference and college policies and regulations
- Secondary responsibilities to be determined
- Assist with social media management
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Prior collegiate coaching experience and/or competitive collegiate playing experience required
- Goalkeeper experience a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Basic competency in Microsoft Office applications is required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the college’s auto insurance carrier
General Information: Bridgewater College was founded in 1880 as the first coeducational college in Virginia and has an educational philosophy of developing the whole person and equipping students to become leaders with a strong sense of personal accountability and civic responsibility. The College offers 63 majors and minors, 29 concentrations and emphases, pre-professional programs, dual degree programs, teacher education and certification, and its first graduate program in athletic training. Bridgewater’s growing enrollment includes students from 30 states and eight countries. The College is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, and sponsors 23 intercollegiate athletic teams and an equestrian team that competes in the IHSA.
The beautiful and vibrant 300-acre residential campus includes an equestrian center and is located in the town of Bridgewater in the midst of the Shenandoah Valley. It is conveniently situated to provide easy access to both Washington D.C. and Richmond, each only two hours away. The area is a desirable locale for people who enjoy sports and outdoor activities. An excellent school system, a healthy business environment, the state’s lowest crime rate, and the natural beauty of the region draw many graduates back to the area. The College enjoys tremendous support from the local community.
Apply: Please complete the online application at www.bridgewater.edu/careers and attach a cover letter, resume and include the names and contact information (email and mobile phone) for three references. The cover letter should address the qualifications contained in the profile above.
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For More Information: Email HumanResources@bridgewater.edu
Bridgewater College is an equal opportunity provider, committed to employing a diverse faculty and staff, and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally under-represented groups.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com