GILBERT, Ariz. — In the time of the year set aside for giving, the National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) is excited to announce the twelve coaches who will be gifted a 2020 NFHCA Annual Convention scholarship by the association and its members.
This year, in lieu of registration gifts, the NFHCA decided to expand the scholarship program to 12 opportunities for the 2020 event, including two scholarships that also included three-night hotel accommodations.
"A priority of the NFHCA membership has been to provide more opportunities to coaches and to get more members engaged in the legislation and important conversations that happen at the Annual Convention," explained NFHCA President, Andy Whitcomb.
The NFHCA received a record number of scholarship applications and is excited to announce that Marielle Cavallaro, varsity head coach at Delaware Valley High School, and Marissa Shaw, assistant coach at Stonehill College, were selected to receive the two scholarships that include a hotel stay, and ten coaches were selected to receive registration-only scholarships:
- Lauren Brooks Scorza, assistant coach, University of Rochester,
- Maria Ceretta, head coach, Saint Francis University,
- Kayla Fromal, assistant coach, The College of Wooster,
- Margaret Maclean, assistant coach, Allegheny College,
- Dominique Masters, assistant coach, University of California, Davis,
- Karen Nell, head coach, University of St. Joseph,
- Morgan O'Donohue (Lizotte), head coach, Mercy College,
- Dena Polverari, varsity head coach, Smith Academy,
- Molly Saunders, U16 coach, Maine Styx Field Hockey Club,
- Noelani Schulmeyer, assistant coach, Washington and Lee University.